Thursday, June 4, 2015

My translation of Alexey Mozgovoy's poem No. 3

Let happiness shine and be
Where it hides, wherever it lives.
Beyond what the dark can reach.
But, if you can, have it close to me.

Maybe it’s there, far away,
High in the mist of clouds
Where nothing ends
And all is without deceit.

Joy is what we should disclose,
Without sadness, without grief.
For somewhere you ought to be,
You, my goal, my end, my dream.

And there I want to stream
And rise with widespread wings.
That’s all I miss and so I damn
What the devils ought to keep.

But my voice is like a wind,
In which words go and sink.
And that wind is hoarse and dry
Like a man who is to die.

And so does grind the wheel
And the ring and the bell
Like our lives and deaths
As they cut our distance.

***

Покажи мне счастье,
Где оно живёт...
Мимо всех ненастий,
Может рядом ждёт.

Может там, далёко,
Где клубит туман.
И не знает срока,
И не жив обман.

Покажи мне радость,
Не печаль, не грусть.
Где-то же осталась,
Та - к которой рвусь.

Полететь бы птицей,
Побежать ручьём!
К чёрту все границы,
Пусть горят огнём.

Но ни кто не слышит,
Без ответа крик.
Только ветер дышит,
Сипло, как старик.

Только слышно скрежет,
Старых колесниц.
Разделяя режут,
Стены из границ...

25.02.14

No comments:

Post a Comment