Sunday, December 27, 2015

Aleksey Mozgovoy's Poem No. 40



Silence

Empty, cold, and lonely
Tastes this joyless wine.
Why so cruel is fate tonight?
Only with silence I abide.

In my fists I compress pain,
And one thought remains:
Don’t fail, don’t break down.
Only by silence I abide.

Why, a lone wolf’s howl can be mine.
My place is vacant in the crowd.
Let me be, and maybe all will pass:
In silence for you I will abide.

Flooded are the hatches, and so is the hull.
[Death has filled the exit and blots the dividing line]
Even the abyss itself is coming into sight.
Should I let my anguish shout at last?
Where I am? To silence I am bound.


Тишина

Пусто, холодно, одиноко,
И не радует хмель вина.
Почему так судьба жестока, 
Ухожу я в режим "тишина". 

Пальцы сжаты в кулак до боли,
В голове только мысль одна.
Не сорваться бы, не позволить,
Ухожу я в режим "тишина". 

Одиноким выть волком буду,
Теперь стая мне не нужна.
Дайте время, я может забуду,
Ухожу я в режим "тишина". 

Переборки и люки задраены,
Вот и бездна уже видна.
Напоследок бы крикнуть в отчаянии,
Я ушёл - мой режим "тишина"!

No comments:

Post a Comment