Sunday, January 3, 2016

Aleksey Mozgovoy's Poem No. 46



Please do write to me

Send me a note or two, my Mademoiselle,
A couple of lines to reconnect is all I ask you.
About your April young you may turn and tell,
A new reminder of your dreams is sought here after.

For long my uniform’s been frayed and thinned,
And still the battles are not ending.
So you need to write of something good to me
With words kind and loving, but without any guilt.

How much time has passed, Mademoiselle,
You won’t recognize me now if we meet.
So many fall and kneel for you in Marseilles,
While I’m listening to the whistling shots.

Instead of ball dances, only the clash of sabers clink,
And the guns fill in for summer thunderstorms.
Yet so often I continue to have but one dream—
In an orchard with red roses I keep seeing you alone.

Send me a note or two, my Mademoiselle.
Send me few lines if you heed my God!
Your words will warm my overcoat,
And if I don’t respond, will you forgive?

Send a letter after me, my beloved Mademoiselle!


Напишите писмецо
Мозговой Алексей Борисович

Напишите письмецо, мадмуазель,
Напишите пару строк, прошу Вас.
Расскажите мне про юный Ваш апрель,
Про мечты напомните ещё раз.

Мой мундир, давно уже изношен,
Но сражениям конца ещё не видно.
Напишите мне, хоть что то о хорошем,
Напишите нежно и не винно.

Сколько времени прошло, мадмуазель,
Не узнаете меня теперь при встрече.
Перед Вами на коленях весь Марсель.
А меня встречает свист картечи.

Вместо музыки балов, лишь сабель звон.
Залп орудий, вместо летних гроз.
Часто вижу я один и тот же сон,
Вы в саду одна, с букетом алых роз.

Напишите письмецо, мадмуазель.
Напишите, Бога ради, напишите!
Ваших слов тепло, согреет мне шинель,
А ответить не успею... что ж простите....

Напишите письмецо, мадмуазель...

No comments:

Post a Comment